Wednesday, September 8, 2010

So, What Will You Be Doing?

That's the question I've been asked by many when it comes to what my plans are now that I'm funemployed. And I always respond with sort of a shrug. Because I don't know, and don't really care I guess?

I'll admit, when I went for a run during lunch back in my employment days, and people were walking the streets of my neighborhood in the sunshine at 1pm, I'd always wonder what the heck they were doing, and why they weren't stuck inside under fluorescent lighting like the rest of us...

But you know what?

I've probably been working harder than I did at work for the past week.

We did get a mini vacation in NY for our international orientation meeting. And I did get a lovely break to hang out with my fun cousin Steph who came for a visit over Labor Day weekend.

But every other day between those breaks, I've been working my buns off, running 5,000 errands, clearing out anything we aren't shipping, recycling, selling, replacing, updating addresses, etc, etc, etc. And I'm certainly not complaining. No makeup before 7pm and manual labor are treating me just fine.

I've also been lunching and dinnering and drinking with my friends who I'll miss dearly.

So, there. That's what I'm doing now that I'm not working. And I wouldn't change a thing.