Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Not As Good As Ken's Post

I really meant to post this last week, but got distracted planning my trip to the good ol' U.S.  And here I am, hanging out in P-town right now!  Love seeing friends, running in the rain (slightly more enjoyable than a snowy/icy run...), and feasting at my favorite restaurants and bars.  Ahh.

Anyhow, you'll get to see all of those goodies later on.  For now, here are the last pics from our trip to Copenhagen (Ken did such a fabulous job narrating that trip, so my words will be few).

First, I'd like to give a special shout-out to my fun friend Lars, who I met at the University of Oregon.  He moved back to Copenhagen after grad school, and we got to hang with him during our trip.  He threw an amazing New Year's Eve dinner party, with delicious food, lots of celebrating, and a crowning moment of Lars breaking open a champagne bottle with a sword.  Skillz.  We also got to meet some very cool friends of his at the party.  So, thanks to Lars for an excellent night!

Now, here's Copenhagen...
Pretty Nyhavn.  Love all the colorful buildings.

Ringing in the New Year at Lars' fiesta.

Love the Scandinavian use of candles to make the winter seem cozy.

Action shot. Lars invited us to chase after the Danish military band as they marched to the palace on New Year's Day.  Here we are running through the streets.  So fun! 

 Nice duds.

Catching our breath at the palace.

As Ken mentioned in his brilliant post, we ended the journey with an overnight cruise back to Oslo.  

Leaving Copenhagen on the frozen sea.

Pretty farewell sunset.  Thanks, Copenhagen!

Pretty hello sunrise.  Thanks, Oslo!

Alright, I'm off to one of my favorite places in the world:  the Oregon coast.  Dungeness crab cakes are on my mind...