Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Back in the Game

Well, our U.S. taxes took an astonishing amount of time this year (this is even with KPMG U.S. "doing our taxes").  It's a blessing/curse (more of a curse...) to sort of know how to do them, so I watched the process like a hawk (and saved us some $!)


Anyhow, enough nerd talk.  I'm done being boring now, and I apologize for the lull.


March is always a strange, in between month for me anyway.  Every year it always seems to be a month of trying to cross some sort of really long bridge into warmer and more exciting months, weather and work-wise.  It didn't feel much different in a year of funemployment.


We also haven't traveled in the past two months, and posts of waiting for spring to arrive and having dinner parties probably aren't the most entertaining reads.


So...farewell, March.


Let the Euro travel begin once again!!


Ken is heading to Paris with his department at work this weekend ("team building" trip, I believe it's called).  Thus, I'm heading to Spain with my friend Brigita, whose husband works with Ken.  There are so many lovely reasons for this little last-minute getaway.  $200/1200 NOK for the roundtrip. 75F/24C weather.  Haven't been outside of the Oslo city limits in two months.  Beaches.  Tapas.  Tapas. Beaches.  Sanity.


So, that's about it for the excitement right now.  Here are a few pics from the past couple of weeks...


Lovely farewell lunch for Robert, Esther, and Pippa at Mel and Nader's house.  They're moving to Copenhagen, so they're only a party boat ride away now.  But we're sure going to miss them.  Good luck Robert, Esther, and Pip!  We'll see you soon.


Ken and I went for a run along the fjord to the opera house a couple of weekends ago, and the fjord was definitely frozen solid.  So we got to walk out onto the water.  Slightly disturbing, but cool.  We went for another run last night, and luckily the ice in the fjord is now disappearing with all the warmer temps we're having lately.  Thank. Goodness.


Went for a walk with some of my fun girlfriends in the sunshine at the "beach."  Apparently we'll be able to lay on this beach with no snow/ice this summer, and possibly swim (something about jellyfish the past couple of years may keep us from that?)  It looks like a snowy apocalypse to me at this point, so fingers crossed for more melting action...

At least my face got a little bit of color from the sun + glaring white snow?


Here's to warmer times...and a Moment of Zen:


Although it will only take approx ten minutes to pack the free small carry-on I'm allowed on the flight to Spain, I started packing yesterday.  Bring on the dresses and flip-flops!  And don't laugh at my Chacos...they're perfect for hiking, which I plan to hopefully do this weekend.  Or I might just lay on the beach and eat tapas, either way...